snow

Monday, April 21, 2014

I am used to seeing her in bad mood


I am used to (something)


‘be used to means 'become familiar with'. 

Example  : I am used to seeing her in bad mood.


Meaning : I am familiar with seeing her in bad mood. It's not the first time I am seeing her in bad mood.  







Example 2 : imagine that you have recently moved to, let's say, Japan. Because Japan is so different from your home country, you felt a little uncomfortable being there. Everything was new and strange. Then after a while, you started to feel more at home in Japan. You can use this expression:

'It was strange at first, but now I am used to Japan.'

Do you notice the grammar of this phrase?


Subject (I, he, she, we) + be verb (am, is, are) + used to + object (Japan, it)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.